About Carlyn Shaw
Hi, I’m Carlyn Shaw, Your Stranger To Friend.
"We can't control what happens to us but we can control how we respond to it."
It all began in 1997, I was 19 years old and diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis in a time before Google existed! Then, in 1998 two of my best friends were killed in separate car accidents. Before I knew it I went from being an invincible 19-year-old sophomore in college to a 20-year-old served a huge reality check, forced to accept a new normal and accept my reality. Talk about a wake-up call. Shuffling between anxiety and depression, I emerged as a strong, confident woman. My mantra became, “I’ll plant my feet all over this planet as long as I can!” Why? Because it’s hard to take anything for granted after experience how quickly it can change.
Shifting self from victim to victor required a serious mindset makeover. Less negative self-talk and more self-love— which wasn’t easy for a gal who abused food smoked cigarettes and only exercised to burn calories. But- to shift my health, I had to shift my story. The more open I became to
I give you permission, to give yourself permission.
I see the best in people, so they can find the best in themselves, the greatest gift to give another. I provide a safe and non-judging space that allows people to share with me where they feel stuck, where they doubt themselves and where they self-sabotage. It’s my honor to lend a helping hand. I ask tough questions that require people to be real with themselves, and then I empower them to make the decisions to reach their goals. My favorite feeling: when someone looks at me and says, “I wouldn’t have done this without you.” This causes a huge smile to creep across my face. Why? Because YOU made the final decision to do it — I simply supported you in your journey.
We are here to serve each other and lift each other up. My job is not to do your work, my role is to guide through your own decision-making process so you can create the outcome in life you desire. YOU are worthy of it.
A FEW FUN FACTS:
- I love to travel. Highlights include living with a family in Peru, eating my way through Thailand and working/backpacking in Australia.
- I blow bubbles and believe they make anything better.
a humangarbage disposal; I eat almost anything.
- I love helping others achieve their own goals.
- I’m a sucker for cute animals, especially other peoples dogs, and cats.
- I have a very strong intuition. And I listen to it.
- I am a connector. I get feelings to approach people!
- I’m a runner with 18 Half Marathons and 3 Marathons under my belt.
- I am my own best friend.
- I’m not afraid to say I am wrong, even though I fight hard to be right.
- I believe in angels.
- I’m a manifesting machine (though I must be careful what I wish for!)
- I know the power of forgiveness.
- I Love Life so much… I tattooed on the back of my neck. It’s my bumper sticker.
- I believe miracles happen every day.